Staff, Faculty, and Postdocs
Request your R’Card in 4 easy steps
You must be an active employee and your profile must be in our ID system. It takes two business days after your official start date for our system to update with your record. Use the steps on this page to submit your photo, request your R'Card, and pay.
Log in to myphoto.ucr.edu with your NetID and password. Carefully follow the instructions on MyPhoto to submit both an approved photo and proof of identity (a government-issued ID).
Your ID Photo: Upload a self-portrait, following these guidelines:
- Photo must be in color
- Crop slightly above head to middle chest
- Position self against a plain, light background
- Face the camera with eyes open
Proof of Identity:
- Submit a picture of a government-issued photo ID (valid English-language passport, driver’s license, US Military identification card, etc.) that includes your photo, name, and date-of-birth. For ID alternatives, please see the FAQ page.
MyPhoto will automatically send you a message confirming submission of your photo and proof of identity. A Card Office official will review* your submission and send you a message through MyPhoto stating if your submission gets approved or needs to be resubmitted.
Messages from MyPhoto:
- Email #1 will confirm the submission of materials.
- Email #2 will let you know if your submission is approved. If it is disapproved, make requested corrections before resubmitting.
*Review times vary according to seasonal demand.
Complete the request form below. Card staff will review your request and provide the go-ahead to pay. This is necessary to ensure our ability to provide you with an employee R’Card as we do not issue refunds.
Once card staff has reviewed your request and provided the go-ahead to pay. Please pay in the form you indicated on your request form.
- If paying in person, please pay when picking up your R'Card at the Highlander Service Station
- If paying by credit card please access the link below.
Walk-in R’Card service is available at the Highlander Service Station. Be prepared to tell us your employee ID number, provide a valid government-issued photo ID, and have your picture taken.
If you are requesting an R'Card on behalf of an employee in your department please fill out the R'Card Request Form below and select "Department Representative" when answering the question regarding who is filling out the form. Through this process you will be able to enter an FAU number on the form to pay for the card if desired.