Staff, Faculty, and Postdocs

Request your R’Card in 4 easy steps

To Qualify

You must be an active employee and your profile must be in our ID system. It takes two business days after your official start date for our system to update with your record.  Use the steps on this page to submit your photo, request your R'Card, and pay.

If you are an active employee, begin your R’Card request by:

  1. Filling out the form below.
  2. Proceed to payment. 
  3. Complete the photo submission.

All three steps need to be completed to issue an R’Card.  

  • Your name will print on your R’Card exactly as it appears on your Personal Information page in the R'Web portal.


  • If you would like to use a lived name on your R’Card, you can overwrite your legal name by choosing the Preferred Name option. If you change your name, hold off on moving to Step 3 for at least two days to allow the data to update.

If your department is paying for your R’Card, they must initiate the request on your behalf through the “Department Request” tab below. Once they submit the request, you will receive an email instructing you on how to complete your R’Card request.

Request Your R'Card

Please pay in the form you indicated on your request form.

  • If paying in person, please pay when picking up your R'Card at the Highlander Service Station
  • If paying by credit card please access the link below.

Pay By Credit Card R'Card Fee

Head Shot Example

Log in to with your NetID and password. Carefully follow the instructions on MyPhoto to submit both an approved photo and proof of identity (a government-issued ID).

Your ID Photo: Upload a self-portrait, following these guidelines:

  • Photo must be in color
  • Crop slightly above head to middle chest
  • Position self against a plain, light background
  • Face the camera with eyes open

Proof of Identity:

  • Submit a picture of a government-issued photo ID (valid English-language passport, driver’s license, US Military identification card, etc.) that includes your photo, name, and date-of-birth. For ID alternatives, please see the FAQ page.

MyPhoto will automatically send you a message confirming submission of your photo and proof of identity. A Card Office official will review* your submission and send you a message through MyPhoto stating if your submission gets approved or needs to be resubmitted.

Messages from MyPhoto:

  • Email #1 will confirm the submission of materials.
  • Email #2 will let you know if your submission is approved. If it is disapproved, make requested corrections before resubmitting.

*Review times vary according to seasonal demand.

Walk-in R’Card service is available at the Highlander Service Station. Be prepared to tell us your employee ID number, provide a valid government-issued photo ID, and have your picture taken.

If you are requesting an R'Card on behalf of an employee in your department, please fill out the R'Card Request Form below to help us provide this service to the applicant named in the form. Through this process you will be able to enter your department’s billing information (COA). Once the form is submitted, the employee will receive an email notification with instructions for completing their R’Card request.

  • The applicant's name will print on their R’Card exactly as it appears on their Personal Information page in the R'Web portal.


  • If the applicant would like to use a lived name on their R’Card, they can overwrite their legal name by choosing the Preferred Name option. If they change their name, have them hold off on submitting their photo for at least two days to allow the data to update.

R'Card Request Form