Bear Bucks turns your R'Card into a Debit Card, good at dozens of locations. Your account is active and ready to use as soon as your card is printed — just add funds and you’re ready to go.
Advantages of Bear Bucks
- No account fees or service charges, as long as the account is maintained
- Funds never expire
- Safe, fast and convenient
- Easily add funds online by logging into your UCR Card Account
- Parents/Guardians can deposit into a student’s account knowing funds can only be spent at university-approved locations
Where Bear Bucks is Accepted
- All UCR Dining locations
- UCR Bookstore
- Copying, printing and other services at the Highlander Service Station
- Copying kiosks on campus and printing at UCR Libraries
Many families use Bear Bucks to help students cover discretionary expenses beyond room and board: purchasing books, groceries, school supplies, meals and other essentials.
There are some minor restrictions: Cash withdrawals or cash advances are not permitted, and balances do not accrue interest. And you can’t use Bear Bucks to pay for parking permits or fees on GROWL.
Adding Funds to Bear Bucks
There are several ways to add funds to a Bear Bucks account:
- STUDENTS, STAFF & FACULTY: Deposit Funds Into My Bear Bucks Account
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Deposit Funds Into My Student’s Account (guest deposit)
- Deposit cash at Account Management Center (AMC) machines in the HUB Lobby or the Rivera Library Lobby.
- Visit the Card Services office at the Highlander Service Station during regular business hours (credit cards only).
- Drop off a check (payable to REGENTS U.C.)in the drop-box outside the Main Cashiers Office. Be sure to write the Student ID Number and “Bear Bucks” on the check.
- Address checks to REGENTS U.C, and mail to Main Cashier’s Office, Student Business Services Room 111, 900 University Avenue, Riverside, CA 92521. Be sure to write the Student ID Number and “Bear Bucks” on the check.
For Parents: A Bear Bucks Fund Estimator
How much should you deposit in your student’s Bear Bucks Debit Account? Use this chart as a guide:
|Estimated Semester Expenses||Minimum||Optimum|
|Restaurants and Delivery||$125||$350|