If you are an incoming UCR student, follow the 4-step process to request your UC Riverside ID card (R’Card). 

The R’Card provides access to campus buildings, dining venues, libraries, public transportation, athletic events, and stored value accounts (e.g., Bear Bucks, Dining Dollars, and meal swipes).

If coming to Orientation

  • Begin the process at least ten (10) days before your scheduled arrival on campus.
  • This gives the Card Office time to approve your photo and print your R’Card so that it is waiting for you at your Orientation event.

If you arrive after Orientation

Request your R’Card in 4 Easy Steps

  • Your name will print on your R’Card exactly as it appears on your Personal Information page in the R'Web portal.

R'Web Portal

  • If you would like to use a lived name on your R’Card, you can overwrite your legal name by choosing the Preferred Name option. If you change your name, hold off on moving to Step 2 for at least two days to allow the data to update.

Log in to with your NetID and password. Carefully follow the instructions on MyPhoto to submit both an approved photo and proof of identity (a government-issued ID).

Your ID Photo: Upload a self-portrait, following these guidelines:

  • Photo must be in color
  • Crop slightly above head to middle chest
  • Position self against a plain, light background
  • Face the camera with eyes open

Proof of Identity:

  • Submit a picture of a government-issued photo ID (valid English-language passport, driver’s license, US Military identification card, etc.) that includes your photo, name, and date-of-birth. For ID alternatives, please see the FAQ page.

MyPhoto will automatically send you a message confirming submission of your photo and proof of identity. A Card Office official will review* your submission and send you a message through MyPhoto stating if your submission gets approved or needs to be resubmitted.

Messages from MyPhoto:

  • Email #1 will confirm the submission of materials.
  • Email #2 will let you know if your submission is approved. If it is disapproved, make requested corrections before resubmitting.

*Review times vary according to seasonal demand.

Your R’Card will be issued if your photo and proof of identity are approved. Please provide a valid Government-issued photo ID to claim your R'Card from the Highlander Service Station. Students attending first-year or transfer orientations will receive their R'Card at those events.

Highlander Service Station

The R'Card fee will appear on student accounts automatically. Most will see the fee appear when tuition is charged to your student account, even if no photo is on file. Students may request their R’Card at any time regardless of the fee posting date.

Walk-in R’Card service is available at the Highlander Service Station. Be prepared to tell us your student ID number, provide a valid government-issued photo ID, and have your picture taken.

2023-24 R'Card Template Design