Make it official – get your UCR ID (R’Card) and become part of R’ community.
Each UCR student can request an R’Card, which doubles as an electronic pass for building access, library borrowing and dining plans. When loaded with "Bear Bucks" or "Dining Dollars," your R’Card can be used as a debit card at select locations across campus.
For Incoming Students to Campus, please review information to create or locate your R’Card.
Step One: Confirm Your R'Card Name
- Go to the R'Web portal, then Personal Information to review your name. This is how it will appear on your R’Card. You can overwrite your legal name with a nickname on your R’Card if you choose the Preferred Name option. If you do, wait two days before moving on to Step 2.
Step Two: Submit Your Photo and Proof of Identity
Log in to myphoto.ucr.edu with your NetID and password. Carefully follow the instructions on that page to submit both an approved photo and proof of identity (a government-issued ID).
Your ID Photo:
- Follow MyPhoto guidelines; one photo submission per person
- Card Services reserves the right to refuse any photos that do not meet requirements.
Proof of Identity:
- Submit a picture of a government-issued photo ID (valid English-language passport, driver’s license, US Military identification card, etc.) that includes your photo, name, and date-of-birth.
Messages from MyPhoto:
- Email #1 will confirm the submission of materials.
- Email #2 will let you know if your submission is approved. If it is disproved, make requested corrections before resubmitting.
Step Three: Receiving Your R'Card
An approval message from MyPhoto means your R’Card will be ready for pick up from the Highlander Service Station by noon of the next business day. Please bring a government-issue photo ID to claim it.
The R’Card fee is $30 and will post to your R’Web account. Please pay it to avoid monthly late fees.
R'Card Locator Chart: September
To request a replacement R'Card, use the Replace My R'Card form.