Make it official – get your UCR ID (R’Card) and become part of R’ community.
Each UCR student can request an R’Card, which doubles as an electronic pass for building access, library borrowing and dining plans. When loaded with "Bear Bucks" or "Dining Dollars," your R’Card can be used as a debit card at select locations across campus.
Follow steps to create your R’Card.
Step One: Create Your Account
If you haven't already done so, create your online student account at myaccount.ucr.edu. You'll need to know your login info to submit your photo and proof of identity.
Step Two: Review Your Info on R'Web
- Mailing address: Your R’Card will mail to the permanent US-based address on file in the Student Information System. Will it reach you? Go to the R'Web portal, then Personal Information, and Addresses and Phone Numbers to confirm or update. Note: R’Cards requested after September 3rd will be held for pick up from the Highlander Service Station.
- Your name on your R’Card: You can overwrite your legal name with a nickname on your R’Card if you choose the Preferred Name option. If you do, wait two days before moving on to Step 3.
Step Three: Submit Your Photo and Proof of Identity
Log in to myphoto.ucr.edu with your NetID and password. Carefully follow the instructions on that page to submit both an approved photo and proof of identity (a government-issued ID).
Your ID Photo:
- Follow MyPhoto guidelines
- One photo submission per person
- Card Services reserves the right to refuse any photos that do not meet requirements.
Proof of Identity:
- Submit a picture of a government-issued photo ID (valid English-language passport, driver’s license, US Military identification card, etc.) that includes your photo, name, and date-of-birth.
- For students without a government-issued photo ID, you may substitute the R’Card Notarized Identity Verification Form as long as it is certified (bears the seal) by a Notary Public.
Messages from MyPhoto:
- Email #1 will confirm the submission of materials.
- Email #2 will let you know if your submission is approved. If it is disproved, make requested corrections before resubmitting.
Step Four: Receiving Your R'Card
An approval message from MyPhoto means your ID is ready to be printed and mailed. Please allow two weeks for delivery by USPS. We will mail R’Cards to the permanent address through September 3rd.
The R’Card fee is $30. Please ensure payment to avoid monthly late fees.