It is the UCR Card Staff's responsibility to determine if photos fall within the following guidelines:
- Sunglasses or other wear which detracts from the face are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).
- Photographs must have a solid color background.
- Head coverings and hats are NOT accepted. If the individual is wearing head coverings to acknowledge religious beliefs, traditions or customs, it may be accepted, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant's face. If UCR Card Services staff is unable to verify religious viability a subject may submit a written request to management. Written requests are to be submitted at the UCR Card Services office and must include subject's name, Student ID number, and address. Subject will be notified by mail of management's decision.
- Photographs of applicants wearing tribal, national costume, or other headgear not specifically religious in nature are not acceptable.
- The subject's expression should be natural, with both eyes open.
- Traditional facemasks or veils that do not permit adequate identification are not acceptable.
- Side or angled views are NOT accepted.
- Re-takes at a subject's request will be subject to the $30 replacement fee.
- Photo is a close up of face only. If a previous picture is on file that does not meet these guidelines, you will be required to have a new picture taken.