University of California, RiversideUCR

Adding Funds   


How do I add value to my R'Card Bear Bucks Account?

You can add value in the following ways:

The R'Card can be used as a debit card at many locations on and off campus. It is not a credit or charge card program. In order to use the R'Card as a debit card, you must deposit funds. There are several ways to deposit funds into your account:

  • Go to My Card Account and deposit funds into your Bear Bucks account. You will need to have your Net ID with you to log in.
  • Parents, go to Guest Deposit and deposit Bear Bucks for your student. You will need the Student or Employee's identification number and full, legal name as it appears in our records.
  • Go to either of our AMC Machines (Account Management Center) located in the HUB Lobby or the Rivera Library Lobby and deposit with cash to your Bear Bucks Account.
  • Come to Card Services Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am – 4pm with the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.

Once funds or 'Bear Bucks' are deposited to the account, they can be used immediately. The funds that are deposited to a UCR Card Bear Bucks Account will remain in the account until the funds are used to purchase goods or services on campus or until the funds are requested to be refunded by you, the R'Card user, when enrollment is terminated at UCR.

How much money should I deposit into my Bear Bucks Account?

How much should you deposit in your Debit Account? Use the Bear Bucks Deposit Estimator as a guide.

Are there any fees for the use of the R'Card?

No, there are no fees involved. The value that you add to your account is used only for your purchases.

How can I keep track of my balance and the purchases I make?

Each time you use your card your balance will either appear on the reader, or the cashier will tell you your new balance. At any time there is a question about your R'Card Bear Bucks Account or Dining Dollars you can go to the My Card Account to review your account. You can also check your balance at an ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CENTER (AMC) Machine.

Can I make a deposit to Bear Bucks with a check? Yes.

  • Address checks to: Regents U.C.
  • Write the Student ID Number on the check and the word "BEAR BUCKS".
  • Mail to: Main Cashiers Office, UC Riverside, Student Business Services, Rm. 111, 900 University Avenue, Riverside, CA 92521
  • In person: Drop the check in the drop-box located outside Main Cashiers day or night.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Department Information

Highlander Service Station
Campus Map

Tel: (951) 827-2273
Fax: (951) 827-2235
E-mail: Carding Office