University of California, RiversideUCR

Staff: How to Obtain an R'Card   


Faculty & Staff: How to Obtain an R'Card

If you are a new employee and would like to receive a staff or faculty ID and enjoy the services that it provides like: access to campus buildings, gates, and labs; library privileges; free bus transportation; community discounts and the use of Bear Bucks (a stored-value account), please follow these guidelines.

How to Get Started

  • Please call us first to make sure your employee profile is active in our ID management system. Our data feeds from PPS after your start date has passed. Calling on the second or third day of your employment to see if your profile appears in our system is strongly recommended: (951) 827-2273.
  • Know your Employee ID. This eight-digit number starting with '10' is unique to you and is how Card Services locates your profile in our ID management system. If you don't know it, ask your department's hiring specialist or find it here.

Taking your photo: 2 options

Option 1: Upload your own photo

  1. Log in to myphoto.ucr.edu with your NetID and password.
  2. Follow the instructions and submission guidelines* to upload your photo.
  3. You will be notified that your photo has been rejected or approved via email.
  4. Once approved, your R'Card will be available for pick up within two business days.

*UCR Card Services reserves the right to refuse any photos that do not meet our requirements. Failure to adhere to photo submission guidelines may delay the printing of your R'Card.

Option 2: Come to the UCR Card Services office

  1. Photos can be taken in person at Card Services when you come in for your ID.

Getting Your R'Card

  • We will print your R'Card at the Card Services Office.
  • You will be asked to sign in with your employee ID number for service.
  • Please bring proof of a government-issued photo ID that meets our ID requirements.
  • A $30 fee is due when you pick up your R'Card. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Your department may offer to pay for your R'Card with a web recharge. If so, please ask your department for a copy to bring to us as this is our form of payment. The web recharge should include your name and employee ID.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Department Information

Highlander Service Station
Campus Map

Tel: (951) 827-2273
Fax: (951) 827-2235
E-mail: Carding Office