About Your R'Card
The R'Card is a multi-functional Campus ID card. It is the Official photo ID of University of California, Riverside for students, faculty and staff. The R'Card provides for:
- Verification of Identity throughout campus and the campus community
- Library Card for books and other privileges
- Entrance to athletic events and discounts
- It must be shown to take some exams
- Provides building access to some campus buildings
- Registrar services and public events
- Your meal plan and/or Dining Dollar account
- Your R'Card debit account (Bear Bucks)
- Bear Bucks are non-transferable. Only the person pictured on the R'Card will be allowed to spend Bear Bucks from that account.
- Cash cannot be withdrawn from Bear Bucks accounts; however, refunds are available when you officially leave the university.
- Free RTA (Riverside Transit Agency) use
Your R'Card also provides a number of optional services that can save you both time and money!
As a 'Debit Card' your "Bear Bucks" can be used for purchases and discounts at many on-campus locations, for food in Highlander Union Building (HUB) Dining, printing in the Library, purchases at the Campus Store, vending machines and in A-I, Lothian, Bannockburn, Plaza, and Glen Mor - your laundry is done with Bear Bucks.
All of these services are provided through the R'Card. You can choose to participate in some, all, or none of the optional programs. Meal plans and Dining Dollars are administered by Housing Services, while the UCR Card Services administers 'Bear Bucks' Account Dollars.